Tilapia fish contains omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, carbohydrates, calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, vitamin E, niacin, folate, vitamin B12, and pantothenic acid.
Let us have a look at some of the health benefits of tilapia fish.
1. Good for the bones: Tilapia fish contain minerals such as calcium and phosphorous that are needed for bone growth and maintenance.
2. Prevents cancer: Tilapia fish contain selenium and antioxidants that fight cancer and treat heart-related diseases.
3. Good for the brain: Consuming tilapia fish can boost brain function because it contains omega-3 fats in abundance that increases neurological function.
4. Protects the heart: Tilapia fish protect your heart from various diseases.
5. Fights aging: Tilapia fish contain antioxidants along with vitamins C and E that are good for your skin.
6. For Thyroid Patients: Tilapia fish contain selenium that plays an important role in the regulation of the thyroid glands and improves the hormonal functions too.
PRAWN NUTRITIONAL STATS
Prawns do contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, but these fatty acids are good for you and help prevent heart disease, circulatory diseases and many other types of illnesses. These valuable fats lower triglyceride levels and have many other benefits for heart health.
Prawns also contains high levels of vitamin B12, zinc, iodine, phosphorous, potassium, selenium and iron and have smaller quantities of calcium, magnesium and sodium. Many of these vitamins are essential for healthy skin, bones and teeth. Prawns are an excellent source of vitamin E as well and the following minerals present in 100 grams:
- Iron: 2.40 mg
- Sodium: 148 – 150 mg
- Potassium: 185 – 186 mg
- Zinc: 1.11 – 1.12 mg
- Calcium: 52 mg
Prawns are also a good source of vitamin C with 2-3 mg present in 100 grams of prawn. Prawns are very low in sugar content –almost none -yet they taste so sweet!